I’m trying something new this video: sharing some of my favourite links from this month’s link roundups What do you think? Should this be a regular feature, or is it more suited to just text?
Did you know I (Danika) have a booktube channel? Along with the Lesbrary, the Bi & Lesbian Literature tumblr, and Book Riot, I talk about books there, too! Apparently I can’t say enough about them. Most of my content is about queer women books, and I even have a playlist of just my sapphic book videos. Consider this video my review of Going Off Script by Jen Wilde (suffice to say, I loved it).
- Going Off Script by Jen Wilde
- The Brightsiders by Jen Wilde (review)
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde (review)
More links worth knowing:
Here’s another one of my recent booktube videos, this time discussing the sapphic novels and short story collections that I’ve rated 5 stars!
- The Summer We Got Free by Mia McKenzie (review)
- Hero Worship by Rebekah Matthews (review)
- Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (review)
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker (review)
- Lizzy & Annie by Casey Plett (review)
- Missed Her by Ivan Coyote (review)
- Falling In Love With Hominids by Nalo Hopkinson (review)
- Kissing the Witch by Emma Donoghue
Did you know that in addition to the Lesbrary and the Bi and Lesbian Literature tumblr, I (Danika) also have a booktube channel? It’s not 100% queer women books, but unsurprisingly, most of it is. I’ve decided to try to post of those videos here, when they’re Lesbrary-related, so that everything is in one place. This video is me discussing all the books I read in July, which happened to be all queer.
Most of these I’ve already reviewed at the Lesbrary, so I’ve linked the full reviews, in case this piques your interest.
Trigger warning for discussion of rape culture in the discussion of Girl made of Stars.
- P. S. I Miss You by Jen Petro-Roy (review)
- When Katie Met Cassidy by Camille Perri (review)
- Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake (review)
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg (review)
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill