Push by Sapphire has been challenged in South Carolina, read about it at bookshelves of doom.
About.com Lesbian Life posted
- Barbara Gittings – Lesbian Rights Activist (she started the magazine The Ladder)
- An Interview with Lesbian Pulp Author Ann Bannon
- Tee Corinne Lesbian Artist (1943-2006)
- Lesbian filmmaker Pratibha Parmar is working on an Alice Walker documentary
- an interview with Jodi Picoult about her new lesbian novel
- a link to a preview of Jillian Michael’s new book
- Black History Month Spotlight: Queer black women writers (read the comments)
- Tiny Satchel Press will bring us the lesbian “Twilight”
- “The L Life” aims to make household names of lesbians
Elisa – My reviews and Ramblings posted about Violet Trefusis née Keppel, an English writer who had an affair with Vita Sackville-West, which was immortalized in a fictionalized form in Virginia Woolf’s Orlando, and sent out a call for 2011 Rainbow Awards judges.
Lambda Literary posted
- Anna Meadows, “Do Not Publish Until Author Dead or Married”
- The Magnet Book Club reads ‘Just Kids’
- an interview with Emma Donoghue about Inseparable: Desire Between Women in Literature
- Call For ‘Out of the Woodwork Series’
- LA Times 2010 Book Prize Finalists: Two LGBT Books Featured
- Book Buzz #27: March 2011
- CONFERENCE: The Art of Desire. Homosexuality, literature, difference
- Atlanta Photographer’s New Book Highlights Black Lesbians and Couples
- Mark Your Calendar: Rainbow Book Fair
- Remembering Akilah Oliver
Women and Words posted
25 Books by GLBTQ authors of color was posted at MinnPost.
A lesbian erotic short story from The Girl Who Couldn’t Come by Joey Comeau was posted in two parts: part 1 and part 2. If you like epistolary stories about lesbian romances between a young woman and an eighty-year-old woman which also involves old, giant computers, this is the story for you.
R. E. Bradshaw posted Coming Out of the Authors’ Closet.
Gabriella Goliger was intereviewed at ShalomLife.
Another Life Altogether by Elaine Beale was reviewed at Literally Lesbian Book Review.
Starting from Scratch by Georgia Beers was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey was reviewed at Queer Authors 50 Book Challenge.
Silver Kiss by Naomi Clark was reviewed at Queer Magazine Online.
Very LeFreak by Rachel Cohn was reviewed at Friend of Dorothy Wilde.
Loving Ellie by Dalia Craig was reviewed at Three Dollar Bills Reviews.
Parallel Lies by Stella Duffy was reviewed at Out in Print Queer Book Review.
Shadow of the Knife by Jane Fletcher was reviewed at Queer Magazine Online.
Making It Legal: A Guide to Same-Sex Marriage, Domestic Partnerships & Civil Unions by Frederick Hertz and Emily Doskow was reviewed at the feminist librarian.
Huntress by Malinda Lo was reviewed at QueerYA.
Fearless by Erin O’Reilly was reviewed at Queer Magazine Online.
Earthquake Came to Harlem: Poems by Jackie Sheeler was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Like a Queen: Lesbian Fairy Tales edited by Cecilia Tan and Rachel Kincaid was reviewed at Kissed By Venus.
Travels Through Love and Time by Christine Hall Volkoff was reviewed at Bibrary Bookslut.
Best Lesbian Erotica 2011 edited by Kathleen Warnock was reviewed at Elevate Difference.
The House You Pass on the Way by Jacqueline Woodson was reviewed at lucy was robbed.