- Books to help you kick off the new year
- Interview with Naomily [of Skins] book author Dr. Ann Marie Cook
- Portia is the cover model for Bust’s sex issue [includes excerpts from interview]
- UK fashion magazine sports lesbian cover (with alternate Bieber cover)
- Jane Lynch’s memoir will make us laugh and cry
- Men who write lesbians right
Lambda Literary posted
- Rainbow Bibliography helps librarians help LGBTQ youth
- Rethinking the LGBT Book Shelf: Beyond the Segregated Book Shelf
- Minnesota Book Award Finalists Announced [including a lesbian book]
- Book Buzz Feb 2011
- Applications Now Open! 2011 Writers’ Retreat for Emerging LGBT Voices
- some lesbian book news, including Jane Lynch’s biography
What Queer Folks Should Be Reading posted about
“Flashback through B.C. History: Little Sister’s appeals censorship ruling” was posted at the Globe and Mail.
“LGBT ebook and print releases January 2011” was posted at Elisa_Rolle.
Reports about the lesbian pulp fiction “too hot” to read at a Indian literature festival have been posted at serveral sites, including Spicezee.
The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators conference LGBTQ meet and greet was posted about at the SCBWI website.
Renair Amin was interviewed at Cheril N. Clarke’s blog.
Emma Donoghue was interviewed at the New York Times.
Malinda Lo posted “Don’t judge a book by its cover [whitewashing and hiding queerness]”, and a comment pointed to a similar blog post at Robin Talley’s blog about queer YA books having less sexual covers than straight ones.
Lee Harlem Robinson has created a fiction blog: Trying to Throw My Arms Around the World, and it has been announced at Bibrary Bookslut and several other sites.
TK Turner was interviewed at Bibrary Bookslut.
59 Things You Didn’t Know About Virginia Woolf was posted at Flavorwire.
Protector of the Realm: Supreme Constellations by Gun Brooke was reviewed at Queer Magazine Online.
Unbearable Lightness by Porta de Rossi was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Life Mask by Emma Donoghue was reviewed at My Reading Challenges 2011.
Parallel Lies by Stella Duffy was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Time Binds: Queer Temporalities, Queer Histories by Elizabeth Freeman was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Girl Unwrapped by Gabriella Goliger was reviewed at Quill & Quire.
The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith was reviewed at Bookish Butch.
Her Sweet Spot: 101 Sexy Ways to Find and Please It by Jude Schell was reviewed at Lesbian Life.
She Slipped and Fell by Shonda was reviewed at Lesbian Fiction Reviews.
The Light Fantastic by L.A. Tucker was reviewed at F/F Fan Fiction Reader’s Corner.
Rum Spring by Yolanda Wallace was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Dear John, I Love Jane edited by Candace Walsh and Laura Andre was reviewed at The Pursuit of Harpyness.
If You Follow Me by Malena Watrous was reviewed at The Zen Leaf.
Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters was reviewed at On the Nightstand.
The Passion and Sexing The Cherry by Jeanette Winterson were reviewed at a grand and one.