- Amber Dawn Wins This Year’s Ogilvie Prize for Emerging LGBTQ writer
- Happy Victoria and Toronto Pride! Some Literary Events for Queer Book Nerds
- Daphne Marlatt to be Awarded Lifetime Acheivement Award Tonight in Vancouver
- Update on Victoria’s Pride and the Word: Amber Dawn, Arleen Pare, Janet Rogers, and More!
- Rainbow Awards: Current Submissions (81-90)
- Particular Voices: Achy Obejas (born June 28, 1956)
- Rainbow Awards: Current Submissions (91-100)
Lambda Literary posted
- Bits & Pieces: Summer Lesbian Mystery Roundup
- Jennifer Benka Named the Executive Director of The Academy of American Poets
- a mini link round up
- The Banal and the Profane: Maureen Seaton
- Michelle Tea: A Writer’s Passion
- Publishing Ins and Outs: Publishing Advice for the LGBTQ Community
- A Queer Look at the Modern Library’s 100 Best English Language Novels
“Malaysia defends raid on Borders over Canada Muslim author book ban” was posted at Bikya Masr.
“Free Read This Week – Vin Packer’s 1958 classic ‘The Evil Friendship'” was posted at The Gender Offender.
“ACLU: Give kids ‘lesbian’ book at school” (the title gives you an idea of the, ah, skew of the article) was posted at WND.
“Comics Pride: 50 Comics and Characters That Resonate with LGBT Readers” was posted at Comics Alliance.
“Fabulous and Fearless: A Roundup of True LGBT Stories for Pride Week” was posted at Biographile.
Amber Dawn has won the Dayne Ogilvie Prize.
Malinda Lo posted
- YA Pride: Interview with Madeleine George
- YA Pride: 2012 LGBT YA Books, October-December
- Wrapping up YA Pride 2012
- June 2012 in Review
Catherine Lundoff posted
- New Novelist, the first 6 weeks
- Saturday catch-up post
- Wolf conservation book giveaway/fundraiser coming 7/7
Fragmentary Blue by Erica Abbott was reviewed at Frivolous Views.
Oranges and Lemons by Liz Bugg was reviewed at The Rainbow Reader.
The Necessity of Certain Behaviors by Shannon Cain was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Pool-Hopping by Anne Fleming was reviewed by Casey the Canadian Lesbrarian.
Tats Too: The Case of the Devil’s Diamond by Layce Gardner was reviewed at New Paper Adventures.
The Gilda Stories by Jewelle Gomez was reviewed at Piercing Fiction.
Ginny’s Capture (Lesbians vs. Zombies) by Ellie Heller was reviewed at Good Lesbian Books.
Snowbound by Cari Hunter was reviewed at Guerilla Book Worm.
Love the sin : sexual regulation and the limits of religious tolerance by Janet R Jakobsen and Ann Pellegrini was discussed at the feminist librarian.
It’s Our Prom (So Deal With It) by Julie Anne Peters was reviewed at Lostinbelieving.
Come and Go by Lee Harlem Robinson was reviewed at Good Lesbian Books.