If you’re a close reader of the Lesbrary, you might have noticed a lack of Link Round Ups in the past few months. That’s a result of me being overwhelmed by practicum (I survived! I’m a teacher now!), but I’m also using it as an opportunity to experiment a little bit. I’ve still been compiling interesting links, but I’ve shared most of them on tumblr and twitter. For this post, I’ve saved up what I think are the most useful links I’ve come across in the last few months.
Some interesting comics content to check out:
- Comics Beat’s Gift Guide: 50 queer comics for everyone on your list: Better late than never
- Comic Book Resources’s Wonder Woman: The Iconic Hero Was the First Bisexual Superhero: A thorough history of Wonder Woman’s bisexuality, from conception to now
- Advocate’s The Best LGBTQ Graphic Novels of 2019: I can’t wait to finally read these! (I loved Stage Dreams.)
- Okazu’s 100 Years of Yuri 2020 Project by Erica Friedman: Okazu is an excellent resource for anything yuri, and in this post, she looks at the entire history of yuri, from 1919-2019.
The end of the year (and decade!) brought with it a deluge of lists. Here are some of my favourites:
- Autostraddle’s 80 of the Best Queer, Lesbian and Bisexual Books of the Decade
- Autostraddle’s 55 of the Best Queer Books of 2019
And as for the present–or near-past–here are some lists of new releases since the last round up:
- LGBTQ Reads’s New Releases: November 2019
- Lambda Literary’s New in November: Bernardine Evaristo, Carmen Maria Machado, and Robyn Crawford
- LGBTQ Reads’s New Releases: December 2019
- Lambda Literary’s New in December: Ryan La Sala, Steve Abbott, and Rachel Rabbit White
- Lambda Literary’s New in January: Larry Kramer, M.K. England, and Garth Greenwell
The recent releases I’m excited about:
- Collie Jolly by Leigh Landry: I love reading sapphic Christmas books in October, and this one also has a dog theme! I can’t resist!
- In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado: Check out my review here.
- The Life and Times of Butch Dykes: Portraits of Artists, Leaders and Dreamers Who Changed the World by Eloisa Aquino: This little illustrated book is sitting on my dresser, and I am so looking forward to flipping through it.
- A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow by Makoto Hagino: This looks like an adorable yuri manga, set at an aquarium.
The rest of the links had to do with 2020 new releases, so they got their own post here!
This post, and all posts at the Lesbrary, have the covers linked to their Amazon pages. If you click through and buy something, I might get a small referral fee. For even more links, check out the Lesbrary’s twitter! We’re also on Facebook, Goodreads, Youtube and Tumblr.
Thank you to the Lesbrary’s Patreon supporters! Special thanks to Martha Hansen, PJ, Thaddeus Cox, Sam S, Shelly Farrell, Daniela Gonzalez De Anda, Bee Oder, Sarah Neilson, Amy Kenson, Ellen Zemlin, and Ann.