I follow hundreds of queer book blogs to scout out the best sapphic book news and reviews! Many of them get posted on tumblr and twitter as I discover them, but my favourites get saved for these link compilations. Here are some of the posts I’ve found interesting in the last few weeks.
- I’m proud to see how many queer lit pages are using their platforms to advocate for Black Lives Matter–Pride was a riot against police violence, and it is imperative for LGBTQ people to stand together with Black Americans (and Black people around the world) fighting for their rights. Andi Marquette talked about this at Women and Words: Yeah…About that Whole Pride Thing…
- One way you can support is with your wallet, and LGBTQ Reads posted Shop Queer Books from Black-Owned Bookstores to make it easy to support Black-owned bookstores while you’re building your Pride TBR.
- Autostraddle has been celebrating the Year of Our (Audre) Lorde all 2020. Check out the latest addition: May’s Burst of Light.
- It wouldn’t be a link round up without some new books to add to your TBR. Check out Dahlia Adler’s 30 LGBTQ YA Books You’ll Absolutely Want To Pick Up This Spring and Autostraddle’s 60 Queer and Feminist Books Coming Your Way in Summer 2020
Lesbrary link round ups are made possible by Patreon!
Support the Lesbrary for $5 a month and get queer books throughout the year!
- You can be forgiven for wanting to read something light at this point in a pandemic. Autostraddle’s 13 Books Packed With Queer Joy to Block Out the World can help.
- Not enough? Try Book Riot’s 31 of the Best Queer Books with Happy Endings.
- And of course, you can pretend you’re on the beach with Book Riot’s 14 Summer Queer Books for Your June TBR.
- Probably the biggest LGBTQ lit recent news is the announcement of the winners of the 32nd Annual Lambda Literary Awards!
- If you’re looking for pansexual rep in your Pride reads, LGBTQ Reads posted a recommendations post: Happy Pan Day of Visibility!
- And if you’d rather pick up some specifically lesbian reads, check out The Nerd Daily’s LGBTQ+ Alphabet Recommendations: L for Lesbian Fiction
- Entertainment Weekly posted an interview with four queer authors: Nicole Dennis-Benn, Akwaeke Emezi, Naoise Dolan, and Garth Greenwell. They have a fascinating conversation about the state of queer publishing: There’s Never Been a More Exciting Time for Queer Literature. These Authors Show Us Why.
- And finally, CBR posted about a 1970s underground lesbian comic: The Messy Authentic Brilliance of Come Out Comix.
This post has the covers linked to their Bookshop.org pages. If you click through and buy something, I might get a small referral fee. For even more links, check out the Lesbrary’s twitter! We’re also on Facebook, Goodreads, Youtube and Tumblr.