AfterEllen posted “Batwoman #1” is here, she’s queer, and we could get used to it and a link round up with the extended American Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer as well as info on Ellen DeGeneres’s new book.
- “Straightening” Gay Characters in Young Adult Fiction: Are YA Books Keeping You a Secret? (I disagree with their interpretation of Malinda Lo’s statistics, though, and recommend you check out Lo’s post directly, which is linked to below.)
- Top Ten Fantasy Novels That Have Gay People In Them
- Persistent Voices: Ann Bannon
- Rainbow Awards: Current Submissions 201-210
- Jill Johnston (May 17, 1929 – September 18, 2010)
Good Lesbian Books posted
- Lesbian Fairytale Fiction
- Picture Books For Children With Lesbian Parents
- 5th Annual Lambda Literary Awards 1992
- Lesbian Vampire Fiction
Lambda Literary posted
- a mini link round up
- emotive fruition — a radical poetry reading
- All Things LGBTQ at the 10th Annual West Hollywood Book Fair!
- Hello, Cruel World: Kate Bornstein, Internet Hate and the Safety of Books
- Poet Kay Ryan Named 2011 MacArthur Fellow
- THE REVIVAL: 2nd ANNUAL REVIVAL, EAST COAST TOUR OF BLACK LESBIAN POETS THIS OCTOBER
Cassandra Duffy was interviewed at Bibrary Book Lust.
Lori Lake was interviewed at Women and Words.
Malinda Lo posted
- I have numbers! Stats on LGBT Young Adult Books Published in the U.S. – Updated 9/15/11 (this has tons of interesting statistics, and be sure to read the comments as well!)
- What does “authentic” mean, anyway?
- A new short story! and more …
Sara Ryan, author of Empress of the World was written about at I’m Here. I’m Queer. What the Hell Do I Read?
“Looking For LGBTQ Speculative Fiction? Book Bloggers Can Help!” was posted at Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
Sappho International by Max Amillion was reviewed at Bibrary Book Lust.
Hit by a Farm: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barn by Catherine Friend was reviewed at Shelly’s LGBT Book Review Blog.
Hidden Truths by Jae was reviewed at Bosom Friends: Lesbian Historical Fiction.
Smoketown by Tenea D. Johnson was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Finders Keepers by Karin Kallmaker was reviewed at Good Lesbian Books.
Night Vision by Karin Kallmaker was reviewed at Good Lesbian Books.
Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu was reviewed at Good Lesbian Books.
Happy Accidents by Jane Lynch was reviewed at AfterEllen.
Trick of the Dark by Val McDermid was reviewed at Out in Print Queer Book Review.
Jericho by Ann McMan was reviewed at Jae’s Fiction.
365 Days by KE Payne was reviewed at QueerYA.
I Kissed a Girl II: More Virgin Lesbian Stories edited by Regina Perry was reviewed at BlackRaven’s Reviews.
Branded Ann by Merry Shannon was reviewed at Good Lesbian Books.
My West: Personal Writings on the American West — Past, Present and Future by Patricia Nell Warren was reviewed at Lambda Literary.
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters was written about at Writinghood.
Love Spell by Karen Williams was reviewed at Friend of Dorothy Wilde.
Roses & Thorns – Beauty and the Beast Retold by Chris Anne Wolfe was reviewed at Good Lesbian Books.